Are you already out of ideas of things to do with your preschooler to keep them busy this fall? If so, I’ve compiled a list of some of my families’ favorite things to do. Have fun with these, or create a family bucket list of your own. Remember, it’s all about making memories… 🙂
- apple picking
- make caramel/candy apples-I make these at school with my students each year. We add mini chocolate chips, mini m&m’s, and sprinkles to these. They are colorful and delicious too!
- pumpkin picking
- go on a leaf hunt-I also read the book, We’re going on a leaf hunt by Steve Metzger&Miki Sakamoto
- paint a pumpkin
- carve a pumpkin
- rake leaves
- fall scavenger hunt-you can look for things like pinecones, leaves, acorns, stones, bugs, etc.
- make homemade applesauce-you can put this in your crockpot on low in the morning and it will make your house smell yummy!
- leaf placemats-wax paper+iron needed
- JUMP in leaves
- campfire with s’mores
- leaf rubbings-place leaves under paper, take wrappers off of the crayons and have your toddler roll the crayon with their hand on the paper over the leaves.
- take a fall hike
What are some of your personal favorite things about fall?